If you are interested in joining our team, we suggest you subscribe to our newsletter via the footer below to make sure you don’t miss out on any job offers.
Paid and voluntary positions in London and the Bay Area are posted here. For positions in other offices (Berlin, Paris, Madrid, Milan, Survival Brasil), please see the Survival website in the relevant language.
Please note, Survival doesn’t send volunteers to tribal communities, or sponsor any visitors other than our own staff. We do assist some projects with tribal peoples, but these are run by the tribes themselves.
Why join our team?
Working at Survival is about being part of a brave organization with a long and inspiring history, one that effects real change. Our work is preventing the annihilation of tribes worldwide. And our campaigns have succeeded, time and time again.
Our objective is to champion tribal peoples’ rights and so diversity and inclusion is the cornerstone of our work. We are committed to promoting equality, valuing diversity, and working inclusively across our entire organization.
We uphold these principles in our behaviors and practices – as an employer and as a campaigning organization.
VACANCY: Database administrator (Salesforce) & IT support (part time)
We are looking for a highly effective database manager who will also provide IT support. You will serve as our primary Salesforce administrator, handling the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of our database for 35+ users. You will also run the IT support desk for our 45+ staff.
You should enjoy all aspects of database management and IT including support tickets and training users. You should be comfortable liaising with users and enjoy learning new business processes in order to translate them into technical solutions. Most importantly, you must be a strong communicator and skilled at explaining technical processes for non-technical users.
- Manage Salesforce users and licenses, including new user setup/deactivation, roles, profiles, permissions and public groups
- Carry out basic administrative functions and configuration changes in Salesforce, including (but not limited to): fields, page layouts, record types, custom settings, dashboards and reports
- Automate processes using Salesforce tools such as Workflow, Process Builder, approval processes, validation rules, and Nonprofit Success Pack features such as engagement plans and levels
- Handle system upgrades, seasonal releases and day-to-day maintenance of Salesforce, tracking system errors and running health checks
- Create and maintain a data management plan to ensure high quality data and to keep us within our data storage limits
- Handle data imports and create templates for users to provide data for upload
- Train users and grow our Salesforce skill set across the organization
- Maintain and improve our existing Salesforce manuals and document any customizations
- Help staff with general computer issues and Salesforce questions via support tickets
- Provision computers for new staff (installing apps, configuring desktop, enabling security settings etc.)
- Enroll staff onto various services such as Gsuite and Office365
- Manage users on our file server
- Troubleshoot and maintain our printers
- Document easy-to-follow I.T. processes for staff as part of growing a knowledge base
- Understand staff pain points and suggest appropriate processes or tools to make their workflows more efficient.
- Identify opportunities to streamline administration processes e.g. implement single sign on, automation tools.
Salary range: £28-32k based on experience (pro rata)
Hours of work: 21-28h/week (0.6-0.8 FTE, days/hours to be discussed)
Location: London head office, with the possibility of some remote working
Closing date for applications: Monday 11 October